Friday, July 1, 2011

RENO IS ARTOWN! YAY!


In honor of our first anniversary bombs placed during Artown July of 2010, I came up with the idea of covered river rock. I knit tubes, then close one end and make the tube long enough to cinch at the top of the rock, leaving a flare of knitting over the top. I'm not sure if they are urchins, flowers, or pretty little gifts. This morning I planted 5 of them a hundred yards from the door to my place of work.


Within an hour or two, Sharon came to work and saw the plants. She parked, walked over hill and dale and grabbed one up for herself. Came into the shop all excited about the gift she'd found. It's gratifying to me that she took it upon herself to help herself - it wasn't a reaction I'd expected, which makes it so very cool, and which makes it art.

My plans are to add to that pile. First I was thinking of scattering these around Reno for Artown, but with the exception of a single here and there, I think it will be fun to just add to that pile during the month. If you're in town (Reno) and need a clue to where you can find these, drop a comment here. And when you find them, help yourself to one. All I ask is for you to let me know how you feel about it.

Enjoy a peaceful holiday weekend.
Knit for Peace.

SK1

1 comment: